No products in the cart.
Giving birth will undoubtedly be one of the most magical moments in your life and to ensure that your child is strong and happy, it is important you do all you can to have a healthy pregnancy. To help you and your baby along your way, here are some tips to make your pregnancy as smooth as it can be!
- Visit an obstetrician/gynecologist (OBGYN) and take an ultrasound to determine if your pregnancy is normal. As this stage is crucial, it is important to go as early as possible.
- Opt for a healthy lifestyle. Remember, you are no longer eating and exercising for yourself but for two! Quit smoking and drinking as they are damaging to both the mother and baby. Smoking can lead to low birth weight in babies as well as miscarriages. The same can be said for alcohol and other toxic chemicals and substances such as paint fumes.
- Drink plenty of water – about 6 to 8 glasses a day. It is not healthy to be overweight or underweight during a pregnancy but do remember that you shouldn’t diet during pregnancy. Pregnancy is not a time to be worrying about your weight! Don’t skip meals as you and your baby need as much nutrition and calories as possible. Junk food is great to satisfy those crazy pregnancy cravings but try not to go overboard!
- If you are worried about weight gain during pregnancy, a great alternative to dieting is light exercise. Light exercises will not harm your pregnancy so try swimming, yoga and walking.
- Make sure to get plenty of rest so that you and your baby can recuperate and to ensure that your immune system is as strong as possible. It is advised that you rest on your side to reduce swelling and generate the best circulation to your baby.
To summarize: avoid damaging substances such as nicotine and alcohol, don’t diet during pregnancy, drink plenty of water, exercise safely, and get plenty of sleep! Following these pregnancy tips will make certain that you have a healthy pregnancy and have a happy and fit child.